Thursday, October 22, 2009

HERE I AM!!!!!!!!!

Hello everybody! I am alive! I am officially living in Phoenix. I got here July 17th at about midnight and had to be to work the next morning. Jeff stayed for a couple days then went back to Utah for a 'couple weeks' to get us completely out of the house....... 6 [agonizing] weeks, and 14 huge truckloads to the D.I. later he made the journey to Phoenix. The kids started school Aug. 3rd, (while he was still in Utah, so Charlotte had to come to the house every morning at 8:00 to help get Bryce off to school) and have had a hard time adjusting. Bryce has an extremely hard time with the language and behavior of the junior high kids. I try to explain that it's like that every where. Even in Utah, but I don't think he believes me. Erika misses her friends and wants so badly to go to Riverton High, and be on the drill team. (She is such an amazing dancer, it's so sad that she isn't dancing.) I wish she could too but I just can't make that happen. It's SOOO hard on me to not be able to fix that. This has been the most bizarre and surreal year of my life. One year ago today I drove my son to the MTC. It was so hard to say good bye to him. Today is his hump day. (or would have been i guess) The next day I had to get rid of my Toyota Sequoia that was my favorite. The Mortgage Co. crashed and we slowly started packing up the house anticipating moving. March my missionary came home and April we decided to try Arizona. I thought it was hard to say good bye to Brandon, but that night in July, before I left for AZ I had to say good bye to Elise and that was probably one of the hardest things I've had to do. I just felt like I was deserting her and like she didn't have a home to go to if she wanted to visit for a weekend. We were both crying and after, I went into my closet and sobbed like a baby. I knew that a month later when she left for college things would never be the same. July 10th my family was together, living under one roof. Within a week we all went our seperate ways and I have had to feel the pain and sadness of not having my children with me. I left my sister and my adorable nephews, my bro and his sweet kids in Tremonton, and my ward family and friends. I really miss seeing everyone at wal-mart while working, especially Aunt Katherine, Dan and Vickie and Amber, and her kids and even Cade and Jill and their cute boys on occasion. Living without Jeff for six weeks was excrutiating and I was about at the end of my rope. I also felt so bad that he was dealing with all of the packing and trying to figure out what to do with all of our stuff. I'm afraid that he really does have post traumatic stress disorder, as he has stated...We went from a 6000 square foot home to 1550. Which is totally cool, I absolutely love the house and yard, I mean, to go from an acre of land, whith 1/4 of it weeds, to a beautifully landscaped yard with a pool, it's awesome. It has just been a HUGE dilemma trying to find a place for everything, and we sold and got rid of A TON of stuff! It was a good cleansing process though and feels really good! It has been so much fun to hang out with Mike and Charlotte and the kids and my mom, they have all been so good to us. We could not have made it through this transition without them! So anyway.... here we are.. adjusting to AZ with all of the palm trees and heat. Jeff is loving it, and the winter will be awesome. Now if we can just get Erika on board and not beg every day to go to Utah then we'll be good. Wow, thanks for letting me vent, I've missed the blogging world and will be catching up on all of your lives. Love you all!:)

5 comments:

Anaise said...

Whew! That was exhausting just to read. I can't believe you survived it. I hope life settles into a lovely, boring, routine for a while . . . and that you find a way for Erika to dance.

Camille said...

I am soooo sorry, Sharla. It just breaks my heart. I'm sorry that things have been so rough and I pray that they will improve and little Erika will be happy, too.

Karina said...

Wow, yeah, that's rough. I'm glad most of that is behind you. But the winter will be great, right? :) Little consolation to Erika, I know, poor girl.

Cade said...

AND EVEN CADE? I thought I would have been one of your favorite to see. Both times I went to Wal-Mart when you were there. Show me some love cousin!

. said...

Shar! I've missed you! I'm not sure how I've passed up your blog all these weeks, but it's wonderful to catch up with you and see how things have been going.
I'm sorry the transition was so difficult. That's so hard when your kids are missing their old life so much. I hope things continue to get better for you. What a blessing to have so much family nearby!
Lots of love to you!
Love, Trish
(PS I turned off my blog completely--Matt said you were wondering about it?)

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town