Sunday, May 11, 2008

Another Day, Another Movie

****"Speed Racer" rated NR? What's that about? Anyway, we had heard that it was really stupid, but of course I had to see it. Starring John Goodman (it looks like he has lost weight) Susan Sarrandon (Not a big fan) Christina Ricci, Emile Hirsch, ( I really like him, he was in "Into the Wild) It's very colorful, like a comic strip, and it is kind of weird, but Jeff and I both liked it. I don't think kids will really understand all the politics in it, (I had to keep asking Jeff questions:) or be able to handle that it's 2 and 1/2 hours long! In fact, I know they can't, because all the kids in the audience got restless; but they will like the colors and the monkey that's part of the family. So, if you go with an open mind, I think you will like it. Jeff and I both give it 3.






****"What Happens in Vegas" rated PG-13. Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher. I really liked him in this. It's fun and funny. Yeah, once again, it's probably a bit predictable, but we really liked it. The chemistry between them was good and it had some good one liners. The moral of the movie was better than we thought it would be, and it wasn't as risque' as it could have been. I think you will like it. We give it 3 diamonds.

4 comments:

Kandis said...

Glad to see that your new career hasn't kept you from keeping up with your movie review blogging responsibilities! Hey, did you ever see "Made of Honor"?

Kandis said...

Okay, never mind, I just read your review on it. Oh, and I forgot to mention Happy Mother's Day! I hope you had a good day!

Anonymous said...

This was a pretty good movie. There were times when Cameron Diaz looked old, and other times she looked totally hot. And in a wierd way, I thought that Kucher looked a little hot too! Maybe he looks hot to me because he is boning Demi Moore who of course is TOTALLY hot. Hummmm

Lisa said...

OK, so I rented Speed Racer this weekend for movie and "kajamas" (Jack-speak) night with the boys. I don't disagree with you much in movies but after 1/2 hour all of us voted to turn it off. I couldn't stand another minute, I was thoroughly confused, and I think I'm at least FAIRLY intelligent. However, the boys put it in again today and have been watching it non-stop. Go figure!

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town