Friday, May 23, 2008

Oh Happy Day!


I am so happy to report that my mom is doing great! Melanie and I were gearing up for the worst, trying to prepare ourselves to see Mom not looking so good. I guess the day before we got there she was so weak that she couldn't lift her fork and eat by herself. She would lie there with her eyes closed and Charlotte would have to touch the fork to her mouth to get her to open and eat. She had only had about 6 bites and said "how many more bites? I'm full." When we walked into the room she was sound asleep. After a few minutes she opened her eyes and got a big smile and motioned for us to come over and hug her. We visited forever and she was talking like crazy. I know she's drugged up and that could be why she's feeling good, but she is doing better. They are putting a pace maker in her next week because her heart isn't pumping to full capacity. It's just nice to know that she's finally getting answers because she hasn't felt good for over a year and we could never figure out what was wrong. I'm so HAPPY!!!

9 comments:

AD said...

I am so happy to hear the good news. What relief for everyone. I'm so glad you got to go down to spend time with her. Having all of you there will definitely be a boost to her!

We'll keep you all in our prayers.

Carla said...

Sharla I'm so glad your Mom is doing better! Thats such good news. I'm sure she loves having you all there, I'm sure it will help her recover quickly.

gardnerfam said...

yeah! I am so glad. It brought tears to my eyes to see you with her and know she is doing better. I love you guys, give her a hug for me.
Love you
Michele

Camille said...

this makes me cry. OOOOHHHH tell your momma not to pull a stunt like that again just to get you girls to come for a visit. AHHHHHHHHHHHH she looks so precious in this picture I just wanna give her a big smooch!

Lisa said...

I have been thinking about your Mom non-stop! I'm SO glad she is doing better. What day will she get the pacemaker? Do they have her on an external one now? How are her liver and kidney labs looking? Give her our love!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kandis said...

I'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing better! Anna has always been one of my favorite aunts and I was really worried when I found out she was so sick. I'll keep praying for her and your whole family until she's back to 100%! Let me know if I can do anything else to help!

Joel said...

Whew! I wondered what had happened. I'm glad that they have figured it all out now. I think pace makers are cool. I'd like to have one so that I could lower my blood pressure the next time my boys drop water bottled down the stairs for kicks and giggles.

Reggs said...

Yay! Lisa told me what had happened and my heart went out to you and Melanie. You are both so wonderful and Christ-like, and that can only be a reflection of your Momma. I imagine her to be the greatest of women, and I'm so happy to hear she is feeling better.

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town