Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Cute Mommy

As some of you have heard, my cute mommy is in the hospital with heart complications. I've gone through a roller coaster of emotions in the last 3 days. I was on my way to my Wal-Mart family party Monday night when Mel called me and said "I have bad news" to which I said "oh please don't tell me you guys can't come now!" Yeah, if only it was as simple as that. That's when she told me about mom. So I had to go to the the big shin-dig and put on a happy face, not knowing what was happening. Had to work Tues., all the while wondering and worrying. Thank goodness Charlotte was keeping me informed with as much as she knew. I wanted to just be able to drive up the street to the hospital and visit my mom and I couldn't do that. I was trying to be strong and keep a smile on my face but one of the store planners noticed I was upset. I told her the situation and that I was just sad because my sister was going to visit her and I couldn't go. She said "why not?" I said "because I have to work" She said "it's your mom, you go, we will work it out" I honestly couldn't believe it. It's opening weekend for heaven's sake! Tues. night I started hearing more of the story and was beginning to understand the gravity of the situation. Today was the big grand opening day. I had to smile and interact with hundreds of customers even after I got the phone call from Charlotte saying that my moms liver and kidneys were shutting down. It's been extremely difficult to juggle work with everything else. This is the first time in my life that I have had to do this. I'm so thankful to aunt Carma for helping me get to Phoenix tomorrow and for everyone's love and prayers. And to an awesome company that would allow me to leave on such short notice and during such an important weekend. I get to hug my mom in about twelve hours and I will keep you all posted.

1 comment:

gardnerfam said...

shar,
I hope you are doing ok. I tried to call to see how you were but I know you have been crazy busy. I just have been worrying about you. I am so glad you are able to get there to see her. I am sure thinking about all of you.
love you,
Michele

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town