Friday, July 18, 2008

Another Day, Another Movie

****'Dark Knight' rated PG-13. Well, it was quite hard for me to see my man Heath Ledger again, and especially in such a dark role. Holy Cow was he AMAZING! If they do a sequel, as Ive heard they might, No one else can play the role of the Joker! Not the way he did. It was crazy how evil he was and yet how funny, and even almost likable. It was dark and violent, but intense and entertaining. I don't think there was one swear word in it, which is more than I can say for 'Hancock', (which I forgot to mention in the review.) I have to say I really liked it, and it made me miss Heath. It's no wonder the role affected him in real life, Wow, I know he will get an Oscar nod for this. The graphics and make-up were amazing. I don't think kids under 13 should see it. Jeff and I both give it 4 diamonds.








****'Mama Mia' rated PG-13. Okay, I loved, Loved LOVED it! Jeff, not so much. I cannot wait to see it again. I thouroghly enjoyed the music and will be buying the soundtrack tomorrow. I thought Meryl Streep was amazing in it, and so was the girl who played her daughter, Amanda Seyfried. Streeps friends were hilarious and really made the movie. Pierce Brosnan can't really sing, but I didn't care, I enjoy looking at him:) . I cried pretty hard at one scene that made me think of my mom and dad, wow, no movie has had that effect on me for a long time. Jeff said he expected more from the choreography, but I just really enjoyed it. Jeff gives it 1 diamond, (b00) and I am giving it 3 1/2, and a big xoxoxo
XOXOXO

6 comments:

Lisa said...

You HAVE to go again and see this with me! I was thinking it didn't come out until next weekend. AYE! We had such a blast with your family tonight. I sat there and looked around and was thinking how long I've known all of them, and how I just love them to pieces. Joel and I kind of felt like honorary Readings, and it truly brought smiles to our faces. I still adore Charlotte, she amazes me. And seeing Mike as a grandpa was so cute! He couldn't put that baby down! Do we get to do this all over again in a couple weeks for Mel's birthday? Thanks for being our family away from family for 15 years!

Diane said...

I went to see the Batman movie today and came away more angry than I have ever been after a movie. What makes people like it? I felt sad for every single small child in that theatre. What exactly was that movie telling America? No more good vs evil with good always winning? Evil went on and on and on and on and on and on and on with evil winning every single time. Now batman is on the border of not being totally good where the joker is likeable? The theatre we went to showed the movie in 15 theatres at midnight and were totally full. And what message did all those people get? I am totally angry about the $11 Ken and I spent on it and will tell every single person I see how much I hated it. There were zero good messages in it. Forget the swearing. Maybe I should have calmed down before I typed my feelings on this movie. Is anyone out there feeling my pain?????

Shar said...

Yeah... sorry about that, my cute Aunt Ellen. I hope you come back and see this comment. One thing people have to remember is that I'm kind of decencitized when it comes to movies. Yours was an awesome review, I hope kids don't see it. I still thought The Joker was amazing. Evil, but seriously amamzing. I guess I just feel like it was all going to make sense and redeem itself in the next one. I tried to give a dis-claimer in the beginning before I started reviewing movies, that it's hard for me to find any that I don't like. I think I'm extremely open-minded, and part Heethan. I'm also very un-opinionated and it's hard for me to put myself out there. I've endured disagreements big time from Cade about 'Fools Gold' and AD about 'Juno'. I actually have been surprised when I have been able to give some movies a lump of coal. So Sorry, I hope you still love me :)
Love you...
Love you!!!:)

Diane said...

No, you took me wrong. I was seriously asking people why they liked it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just wondered what was likeable. Sorry to have been so balistic. It really put me in a bad mood. And every movie I see lately just sets up a sequel. That angers me too. Hey, maybe I should quit movies!

Cade said...

I'm open minded too and believe me Fools Gold really sucks! I may quit seeing movies after than one. With the exception of the movies I get to see on planes.....and the movies we get from the library.......and the movies that sometimes we rent. But other than that, I may quit seeing movies right after I see how gnarly bad the new Batman movie is. Now I know there is nothing good about it, I can go in expecting only to see how BAD Batman is going to be.

Kristy said...

Sharla-
Just found your blog from Trish. Good to "see" you again. I am excited that you have movie reviews here, good info-thanks!

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town