Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My impromptu trip to visit my Phoenix family!

Two weeks ago my schedule at work changed and it created an unprecedented four days off in a row. As soon as I realized this was the case I got Aunt Carma on the phone to see if there was any way I could get to Phoenix and surprise my mom. She quickly obliged and within two days of deciding to go I was sitting in the living room of my moms house. I took the first flight on Thursday morning and Carma snuck out to pick me up before mom was awake. I had been sitting on her couch for about twenty min. when Mike walked in and started talking to Carma, then he saw me and was so surprised. Mom came out of her room at this point and was talking to both of them for about a minute before she finally saw me. It was so funny. Her jaw dropped and then she grabbed her glasses that were on top of her head and put them on. She said "how did you get here?" It was so awesome. I took her to her doctors appt. later that day, where she got her stitches out, (the pic is of her incision, if your faint of heart, {no pun intended}, look away) and then we ate at Culvers, yummy! We rented movies and just relaxed. She had a puzzle out that she had been working on, 1000 pieces, I told her I wasn't a big fan of puzzles, but after finding my first piece, and her getting so excited, I was hooked. So we worked on it off and on the whole time I was there. (The pics are of the finished puzzle on Sunday, FINALLY,...and then of mom tearing it apart to put it away... Why does that seem crazy to me?) That night we went to the theater and saw "Burn after Reading". I had seen it and thought she would like it. It's really quirky. She did like it. Friday we made corn chowder and Mike, Charlotte, Mikelle, Kole, and Kyle all came over for dinner, (Corbin was at scout camp) I got to shoot guns full of foam "bullets" at Kole and Kyle, how fun is that! And then we all went to the theater again. The girls saw "The Women" and the boys saw "Fly me to the moon". Saturday mom and I went to see "Mamma Mia". It was fun to see it with her, she liked it. We then went to Mike and Charlottes house to see the project he's been working on in his back yard, and to have a barbecue. He built a club house for the boys and it has a foosball table in it. He's also been spreading gravel all over, it's really nice. Mike barbecues one mean cheeseburger! Holy cow, he puts onions, jalapenos, and spices in the hamburger, pats olive oil on each side, cooks it for exactly 7 min. on each side and then puts montery jack cheese on top. Oprahs best friend Gayle King needs to make a trip to Phoenix, her quest for the perfect cheeseburger is OVER! Then we drove to 'Justice' where Mikelle works and I got Bryce a web-kins. I got some pics of us at Mike and Charlottes beautiful home, and of me holding their cute dog Bebe, who loves me. The absolute best one is of mom making gangsta signs, pic-line and all, with a big cute smile on her face, priceless! Sunday we went to my favorite mexican restaurant, Chevy's, who closed their doors in Utah:( As we were driving away from moms house for the last time, I got a pic of it from the car window, and then we headed to visit Carma and gang. It was so fun to see Chantel and her darling family, and she, always being ahead of the group in electronics, enlightened me on the blue-ray world. I have one word, WOW! I got to see LaMont, who absolutely never quits. I got some pics of him working on their beautiful home, the gorgeous tile that he and Chantel did, and of their shower from the future that looks like a space ship, awesome! The pic at the end thats kinda dark is of Carm and LaMonts home. Later that night we went straight to the airport from Carmas. It went too fast! It was so much fun! I kept wishing the whole time that my sister could have been there with me:( Thank you Carma, Chantel, Mike and Charlotte, and especially mom! I miss you all!

6 comments:

Camille said...

I loved seeing these pics. Your mom's expressions remind me so much of my mom, so I love it! The pic of her doing the gang sign (or whatever she's doing) had me rollin'!

gardnerfam said...

Sharla thank you so much for the fun update. I am always hearing so much about the wonderful tile job and shower from the future. But haven't been able to see it. Thank you for the fun pics of my family too it is always fun to see what is happening at their house. I know you know how it is but it is no fun to be so far away and not be able to run over when needed. You made my day. Thanks
Love ya Michele

AD said...

What a fun, fun surprise for you mom! Thanks for sharing the photos. I love seeing everyone. I was a bit bummed there was not a photo of Mike's awesome foosball club house! He is amazing.

You are always like sunshine. Love you.

Reggs said...

I am so glad you're back! I hope you brought some warm AZ weather with ya. I am so happy to see that your family is together. :)

Lisa said...

HOW FUN! I LOVE surprises! I also loved looking at the pictures, I feel like it's my family too! How CUTE is Mike and Charlotte's family?! Seriously! I just adore those guys. Your mom is looking fantastic, incision and all. And the fact that she flashes gangsta signs......

Diane said...

I can just picture the whole scene. What a fun surprise. Loved the pics. Puzzles amaze me too. When I work on one I am obsessed and then bam, it is done, and I put it in a box. Go figure. Sounds like you had a very busy exciting few days.

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town