Sunday, October 12, 2008

My son goes to the Temple

Wow, what an amazing experience. I had the opportunity to go through the temple with my son on Saturday. It's been so neat to watch him grow up and hit milestones in the church. I remember watching him, my first born, enter into the waters of baptism, and how touching it was. When Bryce turned 8, Brandon had just turned 16 which meant he was able to baptize him. I will find those pictures someday, they are so cool. I remember thinking "this is what he'll look like when he's on his mission baptizing people" and I just wanted to hold on to that image forever. It seemed like his mission was forever away, and suddenly, here I am, looking at 9 days til I have to say good-bye to my baby boy for two years. But to be in the temple with him was so crazy! Thank you Jeffs parents and sis and brother-in-law for driving all the way from Logan and then home in one day to be with him. And also Mel and Mark, I was so happy to have my sister by my side. After the temple we met the rest of the family, (except Erika, who was at a party) at Village Inn and had a nice visit before Jeff's family headed back to Logan. My emotions are running wild, I cry at the drop of a hat. How am I going to do this? How have mothers done this for over a hundred years? I have to remind myself that he belongs to Heavenly Father and I have been blessed to have him for these 19 years. I have to give him back for 2 years. Did Heavenly Father feel like this when his son was hanging on the cross? Sacrifice.






6 comments:

Our Family said...

It was so touching to be there in the Celestial room with my nephew and family. I am so proud of Brandon. He is such an incredible young man. I am so thankful for the example he is to my four boys. I am so thankful that we will soon have a Missionary in the family to write letters to. I'm so proud of you Brandon!

Our Family said...

Oh, and can I just say that I look Stellar in the photo of me and the boys at Village Inn. Ugh.

Camille said...

That's really neat. I love that temple... it was my first, too. I'm excited for him. What a time he's going to have!!! LOVE IT!!!

Dyin' to know how the girlfriend is doing in all of this! :)

Diane said...

There is NOTHING better than being in the Temple with your child. Having the angels take care of your son for two years will feel so great. You will be sad when he comes home and is your responsibility again. There isn't a better education on this whole earth than two years on a mission. I am so excited for Brandon. And your family too. You will be so blessed. Every time I see missionaries walking two by two down the street I have to shed a little tear. What power in that sight. Now everyone will be praying for your son.

AD said...

So happy for Brandon and your family. What a memorable and life changing moment for all of you!

Lisa said...

What an amazing kid Brandon is! And he ALWAYS has been! I hope my boys can grow up to be as strong and as good as he is. OK, I cried reading this post and I'm not even his mom!!

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town