Sunday, January 25, 2009

Another Day, Another Movie

****BOLT****rated G. I finally saw this movie and I loved it! That dog is so cute! And the cats and hamster, don't get me started!!! Jeff and Bryce had seen it awhile ago and Jeff had raved about it so I knew it must have something special to it. It's just fun. We give it 3 1/2 diamonds.






****BRIDE WARS****rated PG-13. I enjoyed it. Jeff, not so much. He gets too analytical about movies. I thought they were great together, so did he, but he didn't like how Ann Hathaway was a nice person her whole life, and then, just because she gets mean and nasty for a few months, she changes her whole life. Hard to explain without giving too much away, but I really liked it. Jeff gives it 1 1/2, I give it 3.






****DEFIANCE****rated R. It was nice to see Mr. 007, Daniel Craig in a different light. This was about the Jews getting treated so terribly, the horrible things they had to go through, and a man making a difference. It was very interesting and intense. I really liked it. We give it 3.





****FROST/NIXON****rated R. This was about President Nixons resignation and the Nation thinking that he owed them an apology. Reporter David Frost tries for about 3 years to get funding to pay for a four-part interview. It was kinda long and draggy but interesting at the same time. It was based on actual events. I liked it. 3 diamonds.







****PAUL BLART, MALL COP****rated PG. Jeff and I really enjoyed this movie. I don't know if it was the mood we were in, or what, but we laughed and really liked it. I love Kevin James, he cracks me up. We are giving it 3 1/2 diamonds.








****REVOLUTIONARY ROAD****rated R. Leonardo DeCaprio and Kate Winslet are together again, but this time it's much more depressing. (Is it really possible to get more depressing than Titanic?) It was frustrating how pathetic they were when, really, they had it all. Jeff said they just needed the missionaries to knock on their door :) The acting was good, but it was just a downer, annoying and sad. We're giving it 1 diamond.






****UNBORN****rated PG-13. Oh my gosh, what was I thinking? This movie had some freaky sh--! Theres no other way to describe it! It really kinda freaked me out. I am not a horror movie fan like Elise. Didn't like it. However, as far as this kind of movie goes, for those who like this kind of thing, it was very well done. 2 diamonds.






****SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE****rated R. We saw this awhile back, before it was re-leased, but I don't think I reviewed it. This was a really good movie! Very interesting, very real, sad, but triumphant. I really liked it. I think it was rated R because of some of the torture scenes, but it wasn't that bad. Quite a tame rated R. I think everyone will like it. 4 diamonds.

1 comment:

AD said...

I really laughed at Bride Wars, and even though Jeff is absolutely right that it shouldn't be analyzed too carefully, it was entertaining.

I'm debating Slumdog Millionaire. Although I don't see R rated movies as a rule, I've heard so much positive about this one, that I might make an exception...

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town