Thursday, January 15, 2009

From the mouths of babes....

While finally getting a chance to catch up on some of the families blogs, I came across Anaise's and Matt's posts about recently having "The Talk" with their kids. I found it hilarious as well as coincidental because just last week I had the grim opportunity as well. This was not by my choice, but, just as the "Santa Claus Talk" had come up before Christmas, I guess this topic was apparently on my "little" Bryces mind. Since my posts are always so boring, holding to the theme of movies and my missionary, I've decided to share our conversation with you, even though, if Bryce finds out, I fear he will never speak to me again.

Bryce; "mom do mormons have sex?"

..............silence.......................

"mom?"

me; ummmmmmmmmmmmm

"MOM"

...silence..awkward silence...........

B; soooooooo...?

(oh man, he's not gonna let me stall out of this....)

me; uhhhhhhhhh. Well, do you know what sex is?

B; "ya I'm pretty sure I do"

me; Well, I'm thinking that if your asking me this than your not quite clear about it.

B; "so they do?...have you...ever.....?"

me; well, you know you have to have sex in order to have a baby...

B; "OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!"

me; .....yeah.........

B; "oh, so that's why you didn't have any more kids"

me; well, er, ummmmm........

B; "so am I gonna have to have sex someday"

me; well if you want kids.

B; "but what if I don't want to"

me; believe me, you will someday


....silence..... quiet..... crickets chirping.... (oh good, glad thats over....)

B; "I'm gonna have to buy condoms aren't I?" (?!)


So, I guess 'The Part 2 ' that Matt is referring to is the part where we have to get into more detail. Me, part 1.... Jeff, part 2..... Definitely!

8 comments:

. said...

HILARIOUS!! That kills me! Ain't it the truth--with those boys it's just better to turn them over to their dads. I just don't know how to handle it without making it worse for them! Hah!

Diane said...

You girls crack me up.

Stacy Reagh said...

OK Shar, that is too funny!!! Hey, I have to say that you did a good job. Hey, you need to visit my blog. It's slreagh.blogspot.com

AD said...

Seriously, this post made my day! I love going to bed on a good laugh, and this fit the bill. Oh, these poor kids. I'm beginning to wonder if it wouldn't be better to just break the news to them when they are like 5 and still making sense of the world. Would they take it in stride better? I was just like Bryce. I was totally disgusted with the world when I found out.

Clay once told me that he thought he would just adopt kids so that he wouldn't have to...you know.

Anaise said...

Waaaay funny!

Kylee said...

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That just made my day :)

Reggs said...

HA HA HA HA!!
My favorite part: "so that's why you didn't have anymore kids?"

OH man, i feel so bad for you. I dread the day when I have to do that for my kids!!

Camille said...

I'm with Trish....

Alfer is SOOO having this conversation with my boys.

(That was hilarious. How did you keep a straight face?)

and seriously, what is the answer by the way? Do mormons have sex? I just want someone to tell me.

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town