Sunday, February 22, 2009

81st Academy Awards


I thought I had better put my two cents in about the Oscars since, you know, it's kinda my thing.
These are my predictions;


BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Heath Ledger

Josh Brolin for 'Milk' didn't see it

Robert Downey Jr. for 'Tropic Thunder' saw it, wasn't crazy about it, but he was pretty amazing as a black guy.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman for 'Doubt' didn't see it.

Heath Ledger for 'Dark Knight' you all know my take on this one, oh yeah, the winner!

Michael Shannon for 'Revolutionary Road' very small part, weird.



BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Penelope Cruz

Amy Adams for 'Doubt' didn't see it, but love her.

Penelope Cruz for 'Vicky Christina Barcelona' weird show, but she was really really good.

Viola Davis for 'Doubt' I'm starting to wish I had seen this, Jeff did and said I wouldn't like it.

Taraji P. Henson for 'Curious Case of Benjamin Button' loved her.

Marisa Tomei for 'The Wrestler' haven't seen it yet.


BEST ACTOR: Sean Penn, cuz the academy is so liberal

Richard Jenkins for 'The Visitor's' didn't see it.

Frank Langella for 'Frost/Nixon' he was really awesome as Pres. Nixon.

Sean Penn for 'Milk' didn't see it but I think, judging from the trailor's I saw, he was really convincing.

Brad Pitt for 'Curious Case' loved it.

Mickey Rourke for 'The Wrestler' can't wait to see it.


BEST ACTRESS: KATE WINSLET

Ann Hathaway for 'Rachel getting Married' she was seriously amazing. I think she deserves to win for this performance. It was so totally opposite from anything she's ever done before.

Angelina Jolie for 'The Changeling' she was good but I don't think she's gonna win.

Melissa Leo for 'Frozen River' didn't see it.

Meryl Streep for 'Doubt' next year I promise to see every movie that's nominated!

Kate Winslet for 'The Reader' absolutely incredible in this role!


BEST PICTURE: SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE (IS WHAT I WANT TO WIN BUT I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF 'MILK' WINS BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE THE MOST BIZZARE AND CONTOVERSIAL ONES ALWAYS TAKE IT)

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button loved this movie

Frost/Nixon kinda slow but interesting

Milk didn't see it, but could very possibly win

The Reader amazing movie, though very risque'

Slumdog Millionaire love love love this movie. hopefully it will win!
The Movie I am really upset that didn't make it in is...'Australia' But I am excited that Hugh Jackman is hosting. Oh yeah!

No comments:

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town