Sunday, February 22, 2009

My trip to Phoenix Feb. 9-15th

I was able to go to Phoenix to be with my Mom for her surgery to have the difibulator put on her right side. I got there Monday night, the 9th, and her surgery was Tues. morning. She didn't know I was coming so Aunt Arlene picked me up from the airport. It was fun to surprise her. The day after her surgery she was supposed to be released at 9 or 10 in the morning, but the nurses didn't get that memo apparently. So we stayed all day in her room, waiting for the doc to come and release her, and I knew he wasn't coming. Finally they realized this and let us leave at 6:00 p.m. I guess the doc was pretty upset about it, oh well. She's been doing really well. She has been in pain, but has done much better this time around. It's always so fun to be with my Phoenix family, although I didn't get to see Aunt Carma or Chantel, which made me sad:( We had the awesome opportunity to go to Mike and Charlotte's and join the whole family for their annual Valentines Day dinner, what a treat! Kole and Kyle made the beautiful place mats, Mike made his famous tri-tip and pork loin on the grill, YUMMY!! This trip I made sure I got pictures of the clubhouse Mike made for the boys, and Corbin with his record player that he plays Mikes old records on. I also got pics of their awesome garden and some veggies I watched Mike pick. The beautiful roses Mike gave Charlotte, and the boys on their pull-up bar, and I made Corbin flex his muscles. Also of Mikelle and her man Trent. After dinner Mike treated Charlotte and I to a movie and treats, we saw 'Taken'. I had seen it but knew they would like it, they did. Arlene took Mom home cuz they weren't up to the movie. While in Phoenix I was able to go to 'Chevy's' with Arlene, my favorite place!, Go to two movies with Mom and Arlene; 'He's just not that into you' and 'Confessions of a shopaholic'. Go yard sale and good will hopping, and on the way to the airport, 'In 'n Out burger' oh yeah. While there I kept thinking of Brandon's reaction to 'In 'n out' when we went to Cali in '07. I kept saying how awesome it was and how people come from far and wide to eat there. We walked in and after seeing the menu said, "that's it!". So funny. Thank you everyone in Phoenix for a wonderful time! I love you guys!














this was just before she went into surgery














this is a pic of an actual difibulator like the one they put in her, next to a quarter so you can see the size. It's quite heavy. It has tubes coming out that go through veins and to her heart.














Arlene and me with her right after surgery




























just after surgery. sorry mommy:(
























































this is one of the only times she was obedient and
wore her arm sling. naughty mommy.














getting ready for the movie to start

























































































6 comments:

AD said...

What fun! So glad you could be there for your mom!

Anaise said...

Looks like a happy trip--I'm glad your mom is doing well!

Stacy Reagh said...

You look like you had a lot of fun. Your poor mom, is she doing ok? It looks like Bride Wars isn't at the megaplex anymore. We'll have to go to the $1 Theater in Sandy when it gets there. Hope you are doing good, talk to you later, Love ya, Stacy.

. said...

I'm glad your mom is feeling better! I'm glad you go to go and be with her. I'm sure she enjoyed having you so much!
Also, I think you need to come to Austin because if Tex-Mex is your thing, honey, I have some places to take YOU!

Diane said...

So very glad to see those pictures. Hadn't seen Mickele's boyfriend. Pretty cute! The boys are growing like crazy. Looks like they have a pretty big Valentine's Day. Makes me feel like a slug this year. Didn't do anything. Glad you had a fun trip.

digitalnut said...

I'm happy to see how vibrant and well your mom looks after surgery. Congratulations.

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town