Thursday, April 17, 2008

Another Day, Another Movie

****"Prom Night" rated PG-13. Jeff and I thought it was kind of lame, but of course alot of teenagers I have talked to really liked it. It's always nice when they come out with a scary movie that's not rated R, but I still don't like all the sexual inuendos. Jeff summed it up perfectly when he said; "Too bad they can't write scary without stupid!" I mean , it was okay, but you find yourself yelling "No! don't go there! don't do that! Don't go back into a burning building to get your moms scarf!" (DUH!) Kind of the usual, kind of predictable. Jeff gives it 1 diamond, I'll give it 2, it was entertaining.







****"Smart People" rated R. Dennis Quaid, Sarah Jessica Parker, and the amazing Ellen Page, but I think Thomas Hayden Church made the movie. Quaids character is so unhappy and miserable, it was kind of a downer. It's slow and depressing, but at the same time kind of poignant. Sometimes Parker's character makes you go "What???" I don't know how to explain it, Quaids a miserable widower who tries to hook up with Parker but he's so out of whack socially that it's a strain. Page is his extremely intelligent daughter who is equally as miserable and lacking attention. It's okay but nothing earthshattering. Jeff gives it 1 1/2 diamonds, I give it 2.







****"Street Kings" rated R. Keanu Reeves and Forest Whitaker are cops who are constantly trying to figure out who are the good cops and who are corrupt. It keeps you wondering the same thing which is fun for awhile but quite honestly, I couldn't remember what happens in this movie! I had to ask Jeff to review it for me, and I just saw it a week ago. It's all over the map and flighty. Not the best, but I'm sure some will really like it. In the words of Simon Cowell; "If I'm going to be honest, I thought it was forgetable. No one will remember this performance tomorrow." Jeff and I both give it 1 diamond.

No comments:

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town