Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Peek into my New World!

As some of you may(or may not) have heard, I am embarking on a new world, a new life for me. On April 10th I started my training at the new wal-mart about 5 minutes from my house. On the 14th we started getting the store ready for the big open to the public, which isn't until May 21st. I have been creating shelves and walls with grids, that are heavy and awkward, and walking the legnth of the store I don't know how many times. I didn't know it was possible to feel so sore through every muscle and bone in my body. It's also been quite challenging to figure out where every single piece of inventory goes from the direction of a small map. I've almost got the first week behind me, just 4 more to go! Once it opens it's gonna be a walk in the park! I will be working at the jewelry counter which I am quite excited about. I'm not used to the hours, 8 to 5 Mon. thru Fri. but I guess I will get used to it. Already I am a little, as I'm not quite as wiped out when I get home. Monday when I got home at about 5:20 I plopped on my bed and didn't budge for hours. It's fun, I've made new friends, and for the first time in our 21 years of marriage we will have decent insurance! You can't put a price on that. I miss my sis and the boys, I hope to see you guys soon! Love to all! I'll be seein ya. (at Wal-mart?)








6 comments:

Reggs said...

SWEET, Shar!! IS there anything in the inventory yet that is catching your eye?
I think that is fantastic that you are doing your own "thing". There is nothing better than being able to stand equal ground with the husband when paying off bills or putting money towards a fun trip! Let me know when you work so I can come and heckle you, hee hee!

Lisa said...

Look how cute you are! I've missed talking to you and having our movie marathons! Isn't it fun to have a thing of your own to do though, outside of being the family chauffeur/nurse/cook/maid/therapist/etc etc etc. You'll have to watch the clearance racks for us!

Diane said...

Please don't let Kandis read this blog. She can explain why.

Our Family said...

I loved seeing those pictures of an EMPTY Walmart!! Wow! I'm glad you're liking it Sis...even though I'm feeling REALLY sorry for myself right now. :(

Anonymous said...

Totally sweet! You are such a natural when it comes to making people feel right at home. They are DAMN lucky to have you and I am not surprised that you are running the most expensive part of the store. Bravo Shar, it's neat to see you doing something you love.

AD said...

Wow, Shar. Good luck with your new venture. And the jewelry counter will be the perfect place for you. Customers will love you!

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town