Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Hostess with the Mostess!







Okay, this is way long over due but I am finally getting to it. A few weekends ago I had to go to St. George for one of Erika's dance competitions. I didn't want to afford a hotel so called up our cousin Michele to see if she would want to come and stay with me, hang out, have fun and split the cost of the hotel. She couldn't but said I was more than welcome to stay with her. I thought it might be too hard to get to St. George on time from Enterprise but she assured me that it wouldn't be bad. She was even gracious when I asked her if it was okay if, not only Elise and Bryce came, but also Erika's friend. She waited up for us to get there, which wasn't until about 1:00 in the morning, and made sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. All three of her kids even gave up their beds for us!!! The next morning when we had to leave by about 7:30, I thought she would be sound asleep, No, she was awake helping us get going, putting a GPS in my car, guiding the way, and giving us yogurt and juice boxes for the trip. As I was leaving I suggested that maybe they could meet us in town for dinner, she said that she would love to cook dinner for us, (Hello!) We got back to her house by 6:30 p.m. and sat down to a full-blown roast dinner with potatoes and gravy, corn that she had cut off the cob herself and frozen, salad, and delicious rolls. Erika's friend said, (as she was gobbling up her second helping) "this is the best dinner I have had in a long time!" We all relaxed that night and watched "Dan in Real Life" and she made us orange julius' and rice krispy treats.
The next morning, my crew all slept while they went to church. When they got home we visited for awhile before heading home. She sent us home with cookies and chocolate, water bottles, oranges, and even a couple movies she burned to watch on the way home. It was so peaceful and pleasant at her house, in the middle of nowhere! I SO enjoyed it! I promise you, if you will go visit her, you will have an absolute wonderful time! She should open a bed and breakfast!!! SERIOUSLY! I can't say thank you enough, dear cousin, and family. You're the best. Thank you for spoiling us. I will definitely be back soon!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I want to go visit Michelle! She's always been a doll, and I haven't seen her in YEARS! You don't think she would mind right? If I just showed up with all four boys in tow? LOL

Diane said...

Does she make house calls? We are going to St. George for family vacation this year and maybe she could come stay with us and cook???? How I love that girl.

Cade said...

Michelle is the hostess with the mostess! I have been a benefactor of the Michelle hospitality. They are wonderful and welcoming to everyone.

. said...

I did not know this about my cousin! It inspires me to work on my hostessing skills. The next time I am anywhere near St. George I am giving her a call!

gardnerfam said...

Hey Shar you are too kind. You made me tear up with all the kind things you said. I have to try to be a good host cause anyone who would drive to the middle of nowhere deserves to be taken care of. Also you have always had a special place in my heart and always will Shar. Anyone is welcome anytime and I will do my best to make you feel at home. Ellen I hope I will get a phone call when you are close so I can come and say hello to the family. I miss everyone so much and would love to see anyone who would come and see me or call me and I will come and see them.

Good Carma said...

That's my girl, I need to go, boy, a home cooked meal. I did eat well when the sisters were here in Phoenix. I am not sure if I could cook anymore. She loves company, and if it's one thing she has it is a supply of food. She told me all I needed for my food storage was enough gas to get to her house. With today's gas prices I might be better off buying the food.

Judy Francisco said...

And did you know that Michele & James are also food-storage experts extraordinaire? She is my mentor/consultant, and makes runs/buys for the whole huge Gardner clan! How lucky am I to have her so close?!

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town