Saturday, August 2, 2008

Another Day, Another Movie

****'The Mummy'...rated PG-13. I always enjoy Jet Le in fighting scenes. I thought it was quite entertaining, funny, yet extremely unrealistic. Of course it was about bringing mummy's back from the dead right? The special effects were very good, so was Maria Bello, the guy that plays their son, not so much. Some of the dialogue seemed lame, but over all it was a good movie. We give it 2 diamonds.





****'Swing Vote' rated PG-13. I really enjoyed Kevin Costner in this role as a lazy, irresponsible single father who drinks too much and always disappoints his daughter, who is wise beyond her years and basically takes care of him. Played by new-comer Madeline Carroll who was absolutely amazing. She brought tears to my eyes more than once. It was fun to see the Presidential candidates cater to him for his vote and even totally go against their own strong beliefs just to please him. It had a really good message and the acting was excellent. Costner plays a small town "Hick" and his language leaves much to be desired (his daughter is always reminding him not to cuss) but it's funny. I really liked it. We're both giving it 4 diamonds.

No comments:

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town