Sunday, August 17, 2008

At Last...

My cute son is finally mission bound! I can't believe it. We had a few gliches along the way, (who knew that you have to get 3 hepatitus shots, 3 months apart) and a very strict Stake President, (the bar truly has been raised.) But we did it, and I am so proud! I have seen a transformation in him over the last few months, and words just can't explain how amazing it is. One month ago he was ordained an Elder and recieved his patriarchal blessing, WOW, it was incredible! The next week he spoke in sacrament meeting, and two weeks later, bore his testimony. That may not seem like a big deal, but he had never gotten up and done that once in the 5 years we have lived here. Last Sunday, August 10th, his mission papers were officially submitted! The butterflies have taken up permanent residency in my tummy as I wonder every day where my son will be living for the next two years. So now, all my beloved family and friends, we are anxious to hear your guesses as to where you think he will go. I will be writing them down and putting them into the globe. Don't be shy, I want a guess from everyone! Thank you for all your support and prayers, I will be relying on them to help me through the missing him part, which I can't think about right now.

7 comments:

Camille said...

WHATTTTTTT!!!???? he's old enough to go on a mission? OHHHHHHHMYGOSH!!! he's the first in your family, isn't he? that makes me cry!! what a blessing! ohhhh I'm so excited. My vote is Dallas so I can keep my eye on him for his mama:)

Reggs said...

can we do both stateside and foreign guess? (I am a terrible guesser, so I like to increase my odds if possible).
I'm going to guess Russia Moscow for foreign, and New York City Spanish speaking for stateside!

AD said...

WAHOOO! I am soooo happy for you and especially for Brandon. I got teary just reading this post. His life will be blessed by this decision, and it will impact generations! I am thrilled for all of you.

Okay, my guess for an international mission is Brazil! He would love the people and they would love him!

Stateside, I guess Indiana. Don't know why.

PS re your comment on my last post, call me if you want to talk about what I did this summer to lose weight. 949-338-0043

Ali said...

I got it!! Quito Ecuador it is!! I want everyone to go to my mission. Or anywhere else in Ecuador. Or South America in general. No stateside for this boy.

WHOO HOOO!! MISSIONS ROCK!!

Cade said...

Okay I'm in on this one. I too had a gut feeling of Indiana. AD and I are on the same page on this one. In the international mission field I'm going to guess Paraguay. Good luck Brandon!

Kandis said...

He's totally going foreign, I'm guessing Chile or Mexico. If he opens the envelope though and it says the Dominican Republic we're going to have culture night every week until he leaves! Good luck and puh-lease let us know as soon as you find out where he's going!

P.S. When are we going to see a movie?

. said...

Okay, I'm going to go with um...The Chile Santiago mission, German speaking. It could happen, right? Seriously, I can't wait to hear! I'm so happy for you guys!

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town