Sunday, June 22, 2008

Another Day, Another Movie

****'Get Smart' rated PG-13. This was such a great movie! And it's not just because I'm a huge Steve Carell fan. I never saw one episode of the show when I was growing up but that didn't matter. It was so funny and exciting. I thought it might be kind of stupid but it wasn't at all. My mom didn't want to see it but Mel and Mark liked it so much that they talked her into it and she liked it a lot. Jeff and I both give it 4 diamonds.






****'The Love Guru' rated PG-13. I don't know, it had some really funny moments, but some equally really stupid moments. We both like Jessica Alba so that helped. After seeing 'Zohan' it didn't seem as stupid as it would have been other wise. Jeff gives it 2 diamonds (probably because of Jessica Alba) I'm giving it 1.

6 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

OK, I"m having problems here, that previous post was mine...I"ll RE POST here. LOVED "Get Smart!" I was crying from laughing so hard when he was in the bathroom on the plane! I don't think anybody else could have played that part! It's definitely one I will be buying when it comes out on DVD. I think "Love Guru" was basically a wate of time, but I was totally entertained watching Jeff laugh himself silly until he was blue in the face at one point! Oh, and the politically incorrect "short" jokes did make me laugh out loud. LOVED my company though! The four of us in the Honda after the show was my favorite part....what a riot.

Reggs said...

Oh I loved Get Smart! Like you, I had never seen the previous series. I seriously think this movie is worth seeing, JUST to see Steve Carrell in a fat suit. Everytime they showed it I died laughing. Especially him on the zip line saying, "that's my personal best time."

AD said...

With the critics panning "Get Smart," I almost gave it a pass. But after reading your review, I decided to go. Maddy and I laughed and laughed!

Kandis said...

I've been so excited for Get Smart so I'm glad you gave it a good review! When are we going to go to a movie again?????

Joel said...

I too was impressed with Get Smart. I thought it was going to be more Keystone Cops kind of thing so I went in with very low expectations. I liked that they didn't make his character out to be a bumbling idiot. Pleasantly surprised and would perhaps see it again at the dollar movie.

Love Guru was pretty dumb but they kind of prepare you for that a head of time. I liked the closing song with him playing the sitar. Funny!

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town