Sunday, June 15, 2008

I would like to thank my mom...

For giving me a renewed desire to review movies. I told her that I had lost my umph to do it. It's hard for me to put myself out there like that when I'm such a non-oppinionated person. She told me that she was telling people the other day how great it is and that I should get paid. Thanks mom:) That makes me happy. So.....



****Another Day, Another Movie****


****'The Happening' rated R. M. Night Shyamalon stayed true to form in this eerie one. Starring Mark Wahlberg, Zooey Deschanel, and John Leguizamo. I must say I was kind of disappointed. It was really disgusting and even a little lame. It wasn't really scary, I would say freaky. I can't get specific, it will give too much away. It didn't leave much to the imagination. I heard some girls at work talking about it, saying that it was stupid and that they were laughing most of the way through it. (Not supposed to be a comedy) Jeff and I both give it two diamonds.





*****'The Incredible Hulk' rated PG-13. Liv Tyler, William Hurt, and Edward Norton. I hated the last Hulk that they did a few years ago, so was kinda apprehensive, but this one is really good! Of course you have to have an open mind, reminding yourself that it's a comic book, but it was great. Action, romance and of course a pesky villain! I had to talk Brandon into seeing it because he hated the last one so much, and he liked it. We're giving it 4 diamonds.






****'Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull' rated PG-13. It had it's good moments, but I was kind of disappointed. Indy's "ex" was annoying and the ending was, well, really stupid. Too far fetched, but then again, that's only my oppinion. I liked how they played on Harrison Ford's older age, because you know everyone was thinking "wow, how old is he now?" And I liked Shilah LeBouf! Jeff gives it 3 1/2 to 4, I think I'm giving it 3.






****'Strangers' rated R. Liv tyler, again, and some unknown guy. It was based on true events, so that makes it really creepy and sad, but it was kind of stupid too. It's like Jeff always says, "they can't make scary without stupid." We got frustrated at the stupid things they would do. Elise LOVES scary movies but didn't like this one too much. It was just too sad. We both give it two diamonds.





****'Sex and the City' rated R. I had never seen an episode on HBO but it didn't matter because they bring you up to speed in the beginning. I thought it was surprisingly good, with some good lessons learned, but it's extremely risque'. All the loyal fans of the series will love it. I really liked 'Charlotte's ' character, she is so darling. Jeff gives it 1, I'm giving it two.





****'Don't mess with the Zohan' rated PG-13. I like Adam Sandler, but this one was just too corny. He's supposed to be some big war hero from the far East, who goes to the States to be a hair stylist. It's SO stupid, Jeff says if you watch it you will lose brain cells. I know some people like this kind of humor, but it's just way beyond idiotic, you must trust me. Yep, you guessed it...






****'Kung Fu Panda' rated PG. How could you not LOVE Jack Black as a big, misplaced Panda! It's entertaining and fun, even for us adults. Everyone I've talked to has really liked it. I don't know what else to say, but if you're taking your kids, there's a good chance that you will thoroughly enjoy it too, bonus! We're giving it 3 1/2 diamonds, and a smiley face.

:)




****'Son of Rambow' rated PG-13. This is a little, low budget. Brittish film about a disobedient boy, (about 6th grade) who is making a movie about 'The Son of Rambow'. Yes, our American, Sylvester Stallone Rambo. He forms an unlikely friendship with a sheltered, well-behaved boy that helps him make his movie. Lot's of adventures ensue, and some surprising emotions come to the surface. The 'bad boy' was absolutely an amazing little actor. I really liked it. It's funny, touching, and triumphant. Jeff gives it 1 1/2 diamonds, but I think it deserves 3.

2 comments:

. said...

Hey Shar! Glad you're back! I totally agree with you about Indiana Jones. Loved that Shia Lebouf but the rest of it was just so-so. We also loved Kung Fu Panda but I was relieved I decided against taking Cole because I think it would have been a bit violent for him. Thanks for the tips on the rest of them!

Our Family said...

I'm so happy that mom gave you the motivation you needed to keep going! I think people really do love to see your reviews and appreciate the fact that you ARE not very opinionated, then they don't feel bad about making their own conclusions too. Love ya! Oh..and I TOTALLY agree with Indiana Jones. I give it two thumbs WAY DOWN! But I loved that I got to see it with my awesome siblings!

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town