Sunday, February 3, 2008

Another Day, Another Movie

****"The Eye" rated PG-13 with Jessica Alba. It was kind of slow and draggy and kept you wondering where they were going with it. It wasn't super scary, maybe a little eerie. It did all come together in the end, but it just wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Joel and Lisa hated it. Brandon and Venessa liked it. Jeff gives it 1 1/2 diamonds, I'm going to give it 2 1/2 for good effort.






****"Over Her Dead Body" rated PG-13 with Eva Longoria-Parker. I think I liked it more than I thought I would. Eva was really cute and the gal that played the other love interest was darling, her name is Lake Bell and I think we'll be seeing alot more of her. It was fun and funny, in fact at one point Lisa and I were laughing so hard we were crying. I liked it alot. Jeff is giving it 2 1/2 diamonds. Me, 3 1/2.






****"Strange Wilderness" rated R. I wasn't going to admit I saw this but I feel it my duty to let you know how stupid and terrible it is. Alot of you don't have to worry because you don't see rated R movies, and this one is the reason why. Everyone else, don't waste your time or money! Just trust me. It was SO STUPID!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I'd give the Eye 1 1/2...Over Her Dead Body 3, and Strange Wilderness (or whatever it was called) A BAG OF COAL. Not a lump, not two...an entire bag. I'm glad I was getting ice cream for a good 35 minutes of it! Regardless, I love our movie marathons with you guys, good movies or not!

Anonymous said...

I thought all three of these movies were losers. Before the first movie someone asked "Are movies better now than years ago." I thought it was a great question.

My take is that the special effects of movies are more special-er and the sound quality is amazing but by and large most movie stories SUCK. I would say that out of 100 movies about 3 are worth paying full price to see. That's right, just 3% of movies are worthwhile (this according to the gosple of Joel)

To me, nothing is more fun than a movie with a great story. ET, the Star Wars series, Saving Private Ryan and of course, The Shawshank Redemption are just a few of the many movies that have been made over the year that had what I call the trifecta. The trifecta is an unpredictable ending, great actors and an incredible story line.

In this day and age, it seems we are lucky if a movie can get just one of these. Still, even crappy movies like the ones we saw that day were more enjoyable than shoveling snow...barely.

Lisa said...

STAR WARS is a great story line? ARE WE SERIOUS? You must have to have testicles to fall into that line of thinking. Oh Joey.....come sit down by me and watch Matthew McCanaughey...er...I mean "The Wedding Planner."

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town