Friday, February 8, 2008

Another day, Another Movie

****"Fools Gold" rated PG-13. Okay, I could stare at Matthew McConaughey all day thank you very much! He and Kate Hudson do make a cute couple. I was hoping that they didn't show all the good scenes in the previews like some movies do and I wasn't disappointed. There was some substance to it. It was fun and even a little interesting with all the treasure hunting stuff. My husband is like a treasure hunter in a sense. While on our cruise recently, he and Bryce were excited to go to the Mel Fisher museum in Key West and see all the treasure found from the Atocha ship that sunk in 1622 and was discovered in 1985. In the beginning of the movie, a gal on a boat flashes her breasts for a second. Hello! Is there supposed to be nudity in a PG-13? It's sad that they have to do that. It's really for just a second, if you knew when it was you could close your eyes. It's when Mathew gets rescued by a speed boat after being thrown overboard with the anchor. Jeff is giving it 2 1/2 diamonds. I enjoyed it and give it 3.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

MAN! I'm so sad you saw this without me. I could sit for hours and watch Matthew M. There doesn't have to be a plot or dialogue for that matter. Wanna go again on the boys'poker night? It's my weekend off. :)

Our Family said...

I wanna go too, I wanna go too!! :)

Cade said...

Okay Sharla I don't get out and see many movies these days but you are way off on this one. Jill and I celebrated Valentines Day in Omaha by going to the theater and boy were we disappointed. You can read my blog at cadehbryant.blogspot.com, but I will just say this: Gemma's character is horrible, Matthew M and Kate H mailed this one in. The only one who knows how to act is Donald Southerland and his role was small. If you would like to see a fun treasure hunting movie based in the caribbean that is actually fun to watch see "Into the Blue." I'm sure the women will like Paul Walken just as much, and Jessica Alba is much better ...errrr fuller, eye candy than Kate Hudson.

Lisa said...

OK! I finally got to see this with Shar! What a treat. I thought it was cute and agree with Shar's opinion on it. Sorry Cade, I have to respectfully disagree. Gemma's character is supposed to be horrible. She's a Paris Hilton spoof in the movie. The ding-bat rich girl that nobody can stand, but can't stop reading about in the trash magazines. I found it funny. But now I want to see "Into the Blue" too! Thanks for going again with me, Shar!

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town