Monday, February 11, 2008

Do we really understand


what He went through...for us, because of us? When Mel Gibson's 'Passion Of The Christ' came to theaters Jeff and I saw it and were very moved. Jeff decided the other day that he wanted Brandon to see it, so we rented it and watched it Sunday. It really puts into perspective what He went through for us. I don't think Brandon or Elise could have ever truly understood or imagined it until 'seeing' it played out like that. Yes, it is VERY hard to take, but it helps you understand better than just reading it. Elise had the same reaction as I did the first time I saw it, which was "just stop! why don't they stop! and why isn't anyone doing anything?" She cried and Brandon was just really moved as well. When it was over he said to Bryce, "It makes you realize that it's not too much to ask of us to spend 3 hours at church huh?" It does kind of leave you dazed and emotionally drained for awhile, and I think everyone should see it. Seriously, reading about it doesn't do justice, and I think it was really well done. My man Jim Caviezel (from The Count of Monte Cristo) plays Christ and is absolutely amazing! Go watch it and have a very moving, spiritual experience!

2 comments:

MM said...

I was pregnant with my little boy when I saw this. I could really relate to Mary and I loved seeing the little relationship Christ had with his Earthly mom (in the movie). I agree with you, it was an amazing spiritual experience.

Lisa said...

The one part of that movie that seems to play over and over in my mind, is when Christ is carrying the cross and stumbles to the ground. And Mary is running along the path watching him and reflecting back to when he was a little toddler, unsteady on his feet, and falling on the same roads.

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town