Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Yay!...say WHAT?!!!


Yesterday I watched Mel's boys for a little while so she could go to the doc to check her heart. After, (the doc said her heart beat 2200 times pre-maturely in the 24 hour period it was monitored, she is scheduled for an echo cardiogram on the 20th.) we went to Cafe Rio and Jeff met us there. We had a nice visit and then all drove our seperate ways toward home. A little while after I got home, Jeff flashed a 100 dollar bill at me and said "look what I found at Cafe Rio! someone is so mad right now!" I had a sinking feeling for a second and said "did you really, are you serious? Where exactly did you find it?" he said "at Cafe Rio" and I said "I know, can you be more specific!" I'm sure he was wondering why I was being so snippy instead of excited as he said, "well, kind of by our table..." By this time I had checked my pockets really good and now knew for sure that it was the 100 dollars that he had given me (our last cash whatsoever) to buy the groceries for my meal exchange tonight. So as he's doing the victory dance singing "Yay!", I had to say "um, honey, that's the money you gave me this morning for groceries..." to which he stopped in his tracks and said "say WHAT!!!" I have been thanking my lucky stars that HE found it instead of someone else, even though I hated admitting to him that I had lost it! AWKWARD!

5 comments:

Good Carma said...

Oh Sharla I feel your pain, I was at the movie in St George with Michele's family and pulled a Carma and went into the mens' bathroom, can you feel my horror? and then James comes out and says I found a 20 dollar bill on the floor in the men's bathroom, I reach into my pocket and mine is gone, I blurt out I thinks it is mine, he says in the mens' room? (I know he thought I was trying to steal the 20). Then to my horror my grandson, Taylor, speaks up and says, yeah dad, she did go in and come storming out. You know how you hope no one is looking? I almost wished I had kept my mouth shut. Now the good part,AD will say she not only looks like grandma, she acts like her. Yeah mom I did you proud.

Our Family said...

I am SOOO happy for you that he found it. I can't imagine if he hadn't and then you went to pull it out to pay for the groceries and didn't have it. That happened to me once, I got ready to pay and couldn't find my $50 and I was DYING! I left my groceries there, packed up the kids and RAN to my car praying the WHOLE way that the money would be there. Lucky for me it was on the SEAT of the car. I was so happy that I found it but angry with myself that I was so careless with it. Grr. Anyway, I'm SOOOO glad you guys found it. Poor Jeff, I bet he already knew what he was going to use it for and everything!

Cade said...

Now Wait Just a Minute! I too was at Cafe Rio and lost $100. Did it have a Benjamin Franklin on it? I'm so glad you found MY $100. When can I come get it?

Erika Bassett said...

All I have to say is...Lucky you!

Diane said...

Doesn't anyone carry a purse any more? POCKETS? For $100? Man. I'm with Cade. I go to Cafe Rio every Friday. Was it a Friday? I'm sooooooo glad your story had a happy ending. I'm so glad you blog or I never would have heard the story. Now about Mel???????????? What is that about?

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town