Sunday, March 2, 2008

Another Day, Another Movie

****"Semi-Pro" rated R. I think all the die-hard Will Farell fans will like it but I was kind of disappointed. It had some things in it that were really inappropriate and unnecesary. I don't know why they have to put crap in movies. They should have taken out the 'F' words and crass stuff and made it PG-13 and opened it up to a bigger market. It really could have been good, I liked Woody Harrelson's character, for the most part. I can't believe it topped the box office top 5 this week! Once again, this is one that is the reason not to go to rated R movies! jeff and I both give it 1/2 of a diamond, but I don't have a pic of a half, so it gets 1 diamond and a frowny face.

:(




****"Penelope" rated PG. YAY! Finally! A decent movie that the whole family can watch together and enjoy! What a delight. It's produced by Reese Whitherspoon and she is great in it, though she doesn't show up until half way through the movie. It's an awesome story with a wonderful lesson and not too chick-flicky because Jeff and Joel really liked it, and you know they're extremely macho manly men! It's a definite must-see for everyone! Mom, fly here from phoenix so we can go see it together, with Mel too! Jeff gives it 4 diamonds and I'm giving it my only second 4 1/2 diamond rating!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I loved Penelope too! Absolutely darling and a great family flick for ALL ages. Didn't get bored once! The only thing that made it better was the company I was with! Love ya! :)

Camille said...

I CANT wait to see Penelope. We don't get to many movies (dangit I've still NOT seen Enchanted!) but I told my hubby we have to go to this one.

Anonymous said...

This was one of the better movies and it had a nice message without a boatload of swearing or sex or stuff like that. It's a story about lovng the inner you which was easy for this picture because Christina Ricci was hot, even with a piggy nose. A good father/daughter movie or a date night movie with da spouse. It did however, need some shootings or explosions to make me feel manly-er.

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town