Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!


We had a really nice, relaxing day. We hadn't gotten around to coloring the hard boiled eggs by Sat. night so I asked Bryce if it would be okay if we colored the eggs on Sunday after church. He said, "but what about the easter bunny hiding the eggs?" I said "would it be okay if he hides them not colored, then we'll color them after we find them?" He said "sure". The reason he was so concerned was because the tradition is that we wake up and find the eggs that the easter bunny hid during the night. Now, I was surprised that he still believed in Santa this last Christmas. And I assure you, after all my questions and prodding, he truly did believe. But, still believing in the easter bunny at age 11 is really boggling my brain. I really think he does! Brandon couldn't believe it either, so he quizzed him a little bit. Later he said to me, "He lives a sheltered life!" So when he discovers the truth is he going to feel totally betrayed? Anyway...we had a nice dinner at my sister Melanie's house and it was fun to spend time with the boys. Brandon's girlfriend Venessa came with her two little sisters because their parents were out of town. By the time I thought to take this pic they had all left, darnit, so this is the only proof I have of our happy day. I would like to thank the Savior for his sacrifice for our sins and the blessing of the ressurection.

5 comments:

Our Family said...

SO FUN! I'm so glad you guys could come over. It was fun playing the game with everyone!

Hey sis, I'm trying to call you and can't reach you..can you call me ASAP?

Diane said...

Every one of my kids still believe. Either that or they are just trying to fleece me for presents!!!

gardnerfam said...

Shar what Easter fun. I had so much fun having your cute family come and stay with us. I really hope that you will come again. It makes me miss the family and all the good times. Thanks again for sharing your cute kids.
Love you
Michele

Good Carma said...

Let me tell you my kids all believed until 12 so he is not behind. Now my kids thought we were too poor for what the received so there had to be a Santa and Easter Bunny. Oh well they grow up too fast. This year Callie is in 6th grade and she called home crying because her teacher gave them an assignment to write how old they were when they found out there was no Santa and how they felt. Boy did thy get it from mommy, grandpa Rees. That teacher was in big trouble. Let him believe don't spoil it, life comes at you too fast.

AD said...

Hey! No birthday post? I was thinking of you on Tuesday! Happy Birthday!

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town