Friday, November 9, 2007

Another day, Another movie

****Okay people- half the reason I wanted to do this blog was to fulfill my life-long dream of being a movie critic:) Not that you can take too much stock in it, because I like all kinds of movies so it's typically hard to find one I don't like, but, I guess i'll just put in my two cents.


****I always wondered who would edit all of the rated R movies for "Clean Flicks" and thought that was really nice of them to do. So, let it be known that since I have been a movie buff my whole life, I feel it my duty to 'take one for the team' and keep you informed of what's out there!:p


****Today we saw "Lions for lambs" with Tom Cruise, Meryl Streep, and Robert Redford. rated R for language and violence I guess. It was'nt too bad in those two areas. It was very political and I got a little restless because I'm not really into that, but it was really pretty good. It made sense. Very good acting by the 3 main characters, and the students too, actually. It gets 3 out of 5 diamonds.


****We also saw "Lars and the real girl" with Ryan Gosling rated PG-13. It's about him being mentally dillusional and thinks a life-sized "mannequin";) is real. It was surprisingly funny and clever. Maybe it was the mood I was in (because it really is kind of bizarre) but I really liked it! I'm giving it 4 0ut of 5 diamonds.



****Melanie mentioned the other day that we saw "Why did I get married?" rated PG-13 for thematic elements maybe? Janet Jackson is an author that is talking about her book with college students. It's an all black cast and they are all very attractive:) It was kind of interesting, kind of predictable but I really liked how it ended. 2 out of 5 diamonds.



I have pretty much seen everything thats in theaters right now, but I will talk about them later. I am going to bed on account of I got four hours of sleep last night. Good-night.

5 comments:

Our Family said...

LOVE the movie critique! LOVE the diamond idea. YOU ROCK SIS!!

Kandis said...

Thanks for the tip on Lars and the Real Girl! I love Ryan Gosling but the movie looked kinda cooky....but with a 4 diamond rating I'll have to add it to the list of "must see" movies! I love the blog and your kids are so dang cute! Tell your girls they look like models (I'm sure they get that all the time)! Anyway, you're now one of the blogs I visit daily so be sure to keep up the movie critiques and gossip!

AD said...

Sharla: I am so impressed that you are blogging! Especially in light of the fact that you have always claimed to be computer illiterate...now I see it was just a ruse. :) Your movie reviews will be fun to read. Did you like Dan in Real Life? We laughed and laughed.
My blog is www.adsadventures.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

SHARSKY! It's your first "official" blog entry....I'm just beaming with pride for you. OK, first, let me thank you SO much for "taking one for the team." BAHAHAHAHA that made me laugh outloud and nearly wake up my baby. Also, LOOOOOOOVE the diamonds....it's SO you! And how did you get those on there? And you say you're compute illiterate....yeah right. Love ya!

Lisa said...

OK Shar, sorry, another comment from me. However, Reagan and I actually ended up seeing Lars and the Real Girl....it was SO not what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be this gut buster comedy. BUT, I absolutely loved it! A nice surprise! I liked all the symoblism in it. Call me and we'll chat it up!

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town