Sunday, November 25, 2007

Another Day, Another Movie

****"Enchanted" rated PG. This is a good one! Not too "chick-flicky" as one might think. The gal that plays the princess (Amy Adams) is so good at it. And two words, Patrick Dempsey, hello! It's a beautiful love story with a cute chipmunk and a mean and nasty step-mother, Susan Sarandon, (how fitting) Jeff, and all the kids really liked it, including Brandon! Jeff and I both give it 4 diamonds.



****"August Rush" rated PG. This is definately a must see! About the boy who was raised in an orphanage but "just knows his parents want him". He sets out to find them and meets a rugged 'cowboy' (Robin Williams) who tries to be his agent but is in it for himself. A very different role for Robin. The love of music and their talents try to bring them together. It did drag a little, and it's kind of predictable, but very good. Jeff and I give it 3 and 1/2 diamonds.



****"The Mist" rated R for language and gore. Stephen King come on! I went because I thought it would be fun to get scared and I thought it would be interesting. WRONG!!! I have two words, HATED IT! At the risk of ruining it for anyone, what I thought was going to be in the mist, and what was in the mist, couldn't have been more opposite. And what was in the mist was s0 LAME. It was gross and disgusting and sometimes the people were so stupid. Then add Stephen Kings whacky ideas on religion and you have a mess. And as if it weren't bad enough, the ending leaves you totally jaw-dropped and sick to your stomach! It takes it from, as Lisa said "Just a lame movie to a sick and wrong and terrible movie". Jeffs giving it 1 and a 1/2 diamonds, and me? guess. Yep, lump of coal!



****"Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium" rated G. It was fun, but I don't think I liked it as much as I thought I would. I didn't quite "get" Dustin Hoffmans Character. I'm sure I'm trying to read way too much into it. Maybe I thought there would be more of the toys coming to life. The lesson they're trying to get across is good. I don't know, it was kind of off for me. Jeff gives it 3 and I give it 2 and a half.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

OMG I SO agree with your thoughts on the LAME-O-RAMA movie "The Mist!" I don't know that it even deserves a lump of coal....maybe some carbon dust? Joey had a good thought though, he thought it was interesting to see how people are played out in dire needs and how their behavior changes. Although of the three movies we saw that day....(yes, that was THREE) My absolute favorite was "August Rush" I would even rank it higher than "Enchanted"---which was good too. LOVE hearing your opinions on these Shar!

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town