Friday, January 25, 2008

I AM SO MAD!!!

At Heath Ledger for dying!!! I know there are worse things for someone like me to be mad about, not having any ties to him really, but I AM mad. Being the 'movie buff' that I am, I can't help but feel connected to him in some small way. As those of you that know me at all, or at least from my blog, you know that 'A Knights Tale' is my second favorite movie of all time! (if you haven't seen it you should run out and rent it immediately!) And how great was he in '10 Things I hate About You'? And of course he stole our hearts in 'The Patriot'. He was just a really good actor who took his roles very seriously. Even though 'Broke Back Mountain' was very controversial, it was very brave and risky for him to do it, (not that I am condoning it by any means). He was a very loving father to little Matilda and my heart just aches for her. His passing goes right up there with John Candy and Chris Farley. It just makes me sad. Thank you my fellow movie-goers for letting me vent.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So young, so sad. It's interesting to look at a progressive time line of pictures of him. You can progressively see him looking worse and worse. Drugs do nasty things to people, including controlling their lives. I saw "A Knight's Tale" with you Shar, and I loved it! Also one of my all time faves.

Diane said...

I feel so out of touch. Shanel called me at work to tell me the news and I didn't even recognize the name. Sorry I can't feel your pain but any life lost that young for a senseless reason is so sad. Now I just heard President Hinckley died. THAT is hard for me.

Our Family said...

I loved him in "A Knights Tale" too. He just had such an innocent face. I also loved him in "The Patriot" and loved that his name was Gabriel, he served that name very well in the movie. I will miss seeing him in the movies, it is definitely a life lost too soon.

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town