Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Ahhhhhh, Glorious Peace


What's the best thing about getting ALL the kids off to school in the mornings? It's not having hours of quiet to do with what I want. It's not knowing that they're busy and feeding their brains with knowledge. And it's not even the fact that I don't have to entertain them and take them out to lunch, no, it's being able to listen to WHATEVER THE HECK MUSIC I WANT TO!!!!!!!!!!

This is how this morning went; Erika had a friend sleep over last night, which is usually ok because she actually wakes up for her friend and I don't have to spend 20 minutes trying to get her butt out of bed, so I get an extra 45 minutes of sleep! And they get ready together and all that girly stuff. Well, at 6:45 Erika comes running in my room screaming "mom, I almost threw up!, what should I do?!" Me, "well, I guess if your sick I'll just have to run your friends to school" ( I also pick up another friend in the neighborhood) So I start to try to get Bryce up at around 7:15, which is always a major feat because he hates school. I start making pancakes because I can't find any cream of wheat which is what Erika wanted. I keep yelling upstairs for Erika to hurry up because I didn't want to make her friends late. By now, another friend has come over, so this would make 3 girls late! School starts at 8:00 and it's now 7:55. No time to even eat the stupid pancakes so just one of the friends takes one to eat like a piece of toast. All the while, keep in mind that Erikas hip- hop rap-crap is blaring in the background. I finally get them to come down and we run out to the car." We can make it... oh crap, the windows on the car are frosted over!" (Elise parks in the garage because she leaves at 5:10 a.m.) I back out of the driveway totally blindly, using a gallon of windshield wiper fluid trying to clear the window. Pick up the friend, speed to the school and, because it is 8:03, I proceed to write a note; "Please excuse Fran, Jenni, and Morgan, we had carpool problems." And then Fran forges her moms name because she taught her how to and said she could in an emergency. The note can't be from me on account of Erika not going to school. Erikas hip-hop rap-crap is blaring in the car, which is even worse than blaring in the house. I rush home, (music still blaring because Erika is still in car) to get Bryce ready for school. Erika tries to get him to wake up, apparently not a good idea by the sound of his screams. They eat a pancake and we hurry him along. ( His school starts at 8:50)So, while her music is still blaring, Erika finishes getting ready so she can check in when I take Bryce, (she has had a miraculous recovery) and we're back in the car, music blaring. Drop Bryce off, kicking and screaming, as usual, and head to Erikas school. My phone rings, yay, I get to turn the music down! It's Elise, "can you please bring me lunch money and money for a snack after school for drill?". (Oh man!:( ) Drop Erika off, the door of the car shuts, and I turn the radio down, and change the station to my beautiful, soft, peaceful Christmas music, close my eyes and sigh Ahhhhhhh, glorious peace... And then I head to Elises school.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, just reading this stressed me out! What a day! I too have been listening to 101.3's holiday music....it's one of my favorite things about this time of year. Oh, btw, will you make me pancakes if I sleep over? What a mom!

AD said...

Was this a window into your life or mine??? Glad to know it isn't only chaotic at my house. Aren't kids FUN?!?!?!

Camille said...

this is stinkin' hilarious!!!

Reading's said...

I have been wanting to leave a comment forever but forgot my Password. Anywho, I love to hear about mornings like this it keeps me from feeling all alone. Whew!!! I also missed the family at thanksgiving. Love ya and miss ya all.

Our Family said...

SO FUNNY! This gives me a glimpse of what life is going to be like when these little boys grow up to be taller than me and I'm not calling the shots anymore. :) Already our mornings and evenings are CRAZY, what am I going to do when they get big???!!!! I'm with Lisa, I'll come over first thing if I can get pancakes!!

Diane said...

There are some good things about being retirement age!!

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town