Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Another Day, Another Movie

****"P.S. I Love You" Jeff absolutely hated it and I really liked it. Usually we're on the same page where movies are concerned but not on this one. Hilary Swank is such a good actress. Gerry, her husband is soooo cute, I couldn't get enough of him (Gerard Butler). And Kathy Bates was really good too, she actually seemed different this time, where usually she seems like she plays the same character to me. I just really enjoyed his letters and seeing what he had planned for her next. I laughed and I cried. At one point Hilary Swank and her mom (Kathy Bates) were fighting about which is worse, your husband dying, or walking out on you. This part was particularly hard because I remember my mom saying (17 years ago) when my dad left, that she thinks it would have been easier if he had died because she still loved him and how do you just turn that off over-night after being together for over 27 years. That still breaks my heart when I think about it. Anyway, you girls out there, send your man into 'Alien vs Predator' and you go see this, I think you'll like it. Too chick-flicky for Jeff, he gives it one and a half diamonds, I'm giving it 3 and a half.


****"The Water Horse" I didn't think I was going to like this one and I LOVED it! What a pleasant surprise! It was set in the time during the war (1940's) and the boy that finds the egg really needed a friend because his dad was lost at sea and his mom doesn't give him any attention because she's grieving. I thought the "little" water horse was adorable and looked real. I kept thinking, 'how do they make it look so life-like'. I HIGHLY recommend seeing this one!! Very touching, fun, sad and happy, all at the same time. 4 diamonds.


****"The Great Debaters" Two words; Denzel Washington! Need I say more? Okay, I will, produced by Oprah Winfrey, directed by Denzel. That alone should make you want to rush out and see it right now! And, as if that's not enough, amazing Forest Whittaker is the minister and his real-life son plays his son who is on the debate team. (His name is Denzel Whittaker. That makes me go "hmmm, was he named after Denzel Washington himself?") It's set in 1935 when segregation was rampant in the deep south. It's based on a true story. So powerful! I didn't want it to end. LOVED IT! Guess what?! It gets my first 4 and a half diamond rating!!


P.S. I sat in the theater for 6 hours and 35 minutes for you people today! Now if that's not 'taking one for the team' I don't know what is! (hee hee)

2 comments:

Camille said...

I'm freakin' out that you were in the theater that long... seriously???? You really do love movies, don't you :)

I'm glad you had a merry christmas! and I'm SOOO glad you're keeping the snow there. heee heeeeee. I sure miss the family, esp during this time. Give everyone hugs for me. AND where is Melanie? is she okay? will you email me and let me know?

AD said...

Wow. Six hours in a theater...sounds like a great way to escape...were you alone?

Can't wait to see you in a week!

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town