Saturday, December 29, 2007

Another Day, Another Movie

****"Sweeney Todd" Okay, I'm sure there are people who have either read this or at least heard about it and are fans, but I didn't know anything about it and boy was I surprised! I think your either a Tim Burton fan or your not and, well, I think I'm not. I tried to like it, but...... I just didn't. I don't dare say anything about it because it would totally give it away, but it was dark, depressing, and extremely bloody, exactly what you'd expect from Tim Burton. And it was kind of a musical, some probably knew that but I had no idea. I feel so out of the loop. Anyway, I didn't really like it, actually, I hated it. Jeff gives it 1 or 1 and a half because he felt like it was a good lesson about how seeking revenge can ruin everything in your life, especially the people you hold dearest. I think I'll give it 1 diamond instead of a lump of coal because the singing was pretty good, and it's Johnny Depp, what can I say?:)

4 comments:

Kandis said...

Glad to hear that it's not that good because I wasn't planning on seeing it anyway so I guess I'm not missing out on anything! Did you ever see the movie Juno? I went and saw it last night but still can't make up my mind about it.....

Are you going to make a list of the top 10 best and worst of 2007? I think that would be beneficial for your readers, just a thought.

Happy New Year!

Our Family said...

I'm not planning on seeing this either but I'm still grumpy that you updated this at my house instead of visiting with me so now I'm mad at Johnny Depp and might not see any more of his movies out of spite. So there. Hmphh!

Okay, okay...sorry, what can I say..I am the youngest and the "spoiled" one afterall, right?! I'm just kidding, and I'm so happy that you review the movies for everyone to see. I seriously think you should get paid! :)

Love ya Sis!

Camille said...

When I was in high school we did the music from this show in a dinner theater and I've loved it ever since. I really want to see this movie, but I won't let myself go.

I'm sorry your 2007 was cruddy, too. I hope it's a great 2008 and I seriously cannot believe that Brandon is old enough for the mission... hows that little girlyfriend going to take it?

love ya!

Anonymous said...

Ug! I had no intentions of seeing it either. I saw the play YEEEEAAAARS ago and hated it. Can't imagine that even Johnny Depp can make it any better.

About Me

Bluffdale, UT, United States
I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I've been married to Jeff - the love of my life, for almost 21 years. I'm the mother of four beautiful and amazing kids. Brandon is 19, Elise is 17, Erika is 14 and Bryce is 11. I love to spend time with my family, go to movies, play games, go to movies, go out to eat and go to movies. I love diet cherry coke, music, especially soft rock and religious music. I hate grumpy people, bad service and other people's hands in bags of potato chips. I love to go on Cruises...Oh, and I really love to go to movies!

My cute hubby!

Brandon

Elise

Erika

Bryce

Just a typical night out on the town